The Law Office of Brandon S. Chabner
1601 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 290 Hermosa Beach
After attending Yale College, where he graduated with honors and majored in Political Science, and UCLA Law School (law review), Brandon began his legal career as a commercial litigation and energy regulatory attorney in the Washington, D.C. and Houston, TX offices of Fulbright & Jaworski. In 1994, Brandon left the practice of law to attend Harvard Business School, where his studies focused on general management and regulated industries. After receiving his MBA and returning to Los Angeles, CA, Brandon’s law firm affiliations have included Greenberg Traurig and Troop Steuber. More recently and before starting his own practice, Brandon served as General Counsel for ESI Enterprises, a multimillion dollar revenue distributor and trader of consumer electronics products, located in Woodland Hills, CA.
Brandon’s corporate legal practice involves a wide range of business/commercial transactions, including general business contracts and license agreements, debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder agreements, internal corporate governance, and labor law matters. Representative clients are companies in the consumer products, financial, and health care industries.
In addition, through affiliations with other local legal service providers, Brandon handles matters relating to business disputes and other types of commercial litigation and regulatory compliance (including securities matters as well as estate planning matters). Finally, Brandon’s extensive contacts within the Southern California legal professional, insurance and investment banking/private equity communities make him an effective referral source for clients and contacts.
- Counsel to technology services company in various financing and m&a transactions.
- Co-counsel to health care services provider in $65 million restructuring transaction.
- Co-counsel to foreign buyer in various U.S. aquisitions.
- Co-counsel to technology company in $7.25 million Series C financing round.
- Counsel to biotechnology corporation in connection with negotiating and structuring various transactions, including: (i) master services agreement with European division of multi-national U.S. pharmaceutical company; and (ii) numerous collaborative research agreements/joint ventures with academic research institutions.
- Counsel to home entertainment technology services company and furnishings/millworks supplier in connection with preparation and negotiation of customer and supplier contracts, commission agreements, and with respect to joint venture transactions.
- Counsel to buyer in $12.5 million purchase of restaurant business.
- Counsel to buyer in $15 million purchase of sports, movie and cartoon collectibles and memorabilia distribution company.
- Counsel to seller in $1 million sale of fitness club business.
- Counsel to buyer in $13 million asset purchase of automobile dealership.
- Counsel to public acquirer in $14 million acquisition of Internet-based business intelligence and information management services company.
- Counsel to financial services company issuer in $20 million private placement of Tiered Variable Interest Rate Subordinated Debentures.
- Counsel in $75 million notes offering (senior secured notes), in connection with new-build casino/hotel construction and renovation project.
- Counsel to public gaming equipment manufacturer in $105 million unit offering (senior secured notes and warrants), $8.25 million common stock private placement and $17.5 million credit facility.
- Counsel to dissident shareholder group in proxy solicitation to replace board of directors of public company.
- Counsel to public integrated marketing solutions provider in California fairness hearing proceedings in connection with $9 million acquisition proposal.
- Counsel to public energy infrastructure company in $12.5 million private placement.
- Counsel to specialty food retailer in $7.6 million private placement of preferred stock.